from Daily Mail Online (UK)
By Rob Waugh
PUBLISHED: 13:04 EST, 10 May 2012 | UPDATED: 05:46 EST, 11 May 2012
- Wall covered in calculations relating to Mayan calendar
- Line-up of men in black uniforms
- Astrological calculations not fully understood
- Dates seem to stretch 7,000 years into FUTURE
- Contradicts ‘doomsday’ predictions about 2012
- First paintings found on walls in Mayan dwellings
- Huge city in Guatemala finally reveals its secrets
A vast city built by the ancient Mayan civilisation and discovered nearly a century ago in modern day Guatemala is finally starting to yield its secrets – including a hint that apocalyptic predictions around the ‘end’ of the Mayan Calendar may be wrong.
Excavating for the first time in the sprawling complex of Xultzn in Guatemala’s Peten region, archaeologists have uncovered a structure that contains what appears to be a work space for the town’s scribe.
Its walls are adorned with unique paintings – one depicting a line-up of men in black uniforms, and hundreds of scrawled numbers – many calculations relating to the Mayan calendar, and stretching up to 7,000 years into the future. . . . Read Complete Article w/video & photos